my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, November 12, 2004

Bus issues

Again with the bus engines! This morning Hubby and I are sitting on the bus chatting, when we pull over on the Turnpike and just sit there. The Check Engine light had come on and since the engine felt like it wasn’t running properly, the driver decided to not risk breaking down in the bus lane. I agreed with him, Hubby did not. Fortunately, we were able to shuffle over to another bus within 15 minutes of stopping. Unfortunately, it then took us a half-hour to get into the city! I saw flashing lights in the westbound lane at one point. Guess someone else wasn’t so lucky. The most unfortunate part for me, was having to stand on the second bus so I couldn’t knit!

It was probably a good thing the knitting was minimized this morning. My left elbow is sore. I think it’s mainly from holding the elbow in one position for long periods of time. I throw, so the left hand doesn’t do much but slide stitches as needed. I think it’s ironic that I throw, since I really learned to crochet first and that is a picking motion. I think it goes back to when I was a little girl and my grandmother first taught me to knit. I’m pretty sure she was a thrower, too. Being of English descent what else could she be?

In the good news portion of the blog, Alfie was very good. Granted, I can’t compare it to the original, but Jude Law was outstanding. I think I drooled a little bit. Never has a Vespa looked so sexy!

I have stashed again. Hubby wants socks and I did not have the appropriate yarn. He wants plain dress socks he can wear or boot socks in gray. Fun and exciting stuff, but it’s all he’ll wear for knitwear. The man does not do sweaters. To make it exciting for me, I’m buying three shades of blue Phildar Preface. Can’t wait.

No comments: