my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

long weekend = long post

Before I start with the drivel about my life, I just want to say that the events in the Gulf over the last week have been overwhelming. It's not so much the natural disaster that makes me think "not here, not now," as the dithering and dallying our government exhibited until Friday. If we can get news cameras and reporters into places, we should be able to get water and food and basic necessities to people. What's the point of endless nation-building in Iraq if we have thousands of people dying in their own homes because our government waited four days.

Hubby and I will be giving, we haven't decided how much and to whom, yet. Please do the same. I know those people and their loved ones are in our hearts and prayers. We will lift them up and help them rebuild their lives.

As for my weekend, it was fun, mournful, aggravating, and full of sneezes.

I took the PATH home Thursday night to meet Hubby at our car. I decided to use the WorldTrade Center stop to pick up the train because it's closest to my office and easily reachable by subway. It was the first time I'd been down there in four years. I've not been to the Trade Center since well before the attacks. It was so wrong to see daylight when walking from the subway to the PATH platform. To be blinded by sunglare waiting for the train. For those of you unfamiliar with the station, it seems like it's miles underground while you ride the escalator down. You shouldn't be able to see blue sky from there.

It was a quiet ride back to Jersey and the car. I sat and waited for Hubby and enjoyed the sun as I came back to 2005.

We quickly segued into the good stuff, though. Green Day rocked. It was a great show. I highly recommend.

Friday, I picked up B and we did some back to school shopping for him and me. Hit some sales at the mall. He was so cute, wanting to push the stroller around. When we got back to the car and I put him in his car seat, he said "sleep?" He's been doing that a lot lately, telling us when it's time to go to bed. When we got home and he was down for his nap, I baked some cookies for our dinner at the Pastor's. That was a fun time. Billy loved the other kids (6, 4, and 15 months), actually wailing when they left. He also really likes the Pastor's dogs, calling one a "good dog."

I crashed shortly after we got home. These allergies are just knocking me flat. Saturday was Curves, and errands, and a quick trip to the salon. Then dinner at Romano's Macaroni Grill. Yumm-o. Sunday, it was Billy and me and Molly. Billy and I made a quick trip to the playground where he decided that climbing up and down the stairs to the slide was way more fun than the slide. Then he napped and I started Hubby's socks. After he got up, we went to visit the in-laws and go to their town pool. Billy's still not a huge fan of the water, but we got him to get his feet wet. We had dinner and watched a little tv. I worked a couple more rounds on the sock. We got home and I put him to bed and flipped channels till Hubby got home. Then I was in bed early again. Yesterday was mostly sitting around at home. Billy had a huge meltdown at dinner. I think he was very off due to being out of day care for 5 days. Knitting consisted of some of the sock and more of Fillie. She's the designated TV knit now and the sock is commute knitting (if I ever get a seat again). I'm hoping to have her done to wear at Stitches in 2 weeks.

And if you waded through all of that, you deserve a prize! I don't have one, but I do promise pics of progress for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you have here, I have added it to my list and will check in often!

Best Wishes,
Read Fast