my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Lunchtime post

It's lunchtime and I think I may actually knit if I don't ramble on too long. I was able to knit on the bus this morning, so I have reached the armhole decreases on NBaT. I think I know what's going to Vegas with me. (How do you block in a hotel room being shared with a non-knitter?) Doesn't look like Hubby will ever get his socks (still can't find my small dpns).

Billy's cough is worse, but we're bringing out the heavy artillery, Xopenex. Tomorrow, I have to teach M-i-L how to use the nebulizer and F-i-L how to play Baby Newton on our PC (nebulizer is in office and the only DVD player in there is the PC). Fortunately, today was the last day of antibiotics and drops (one last dose of drops tonight). Although, he doesn't mind taking either of those. It's the Albuterol he hates and we'll stop that with the Xopenex.

Hubby's really bothered by Billy's illness. I'm trying to take it in stride. Having grown up with a sibling in and out of the hospital until she was 11 or 12, this is not a big deal. How do I get him to see that? (Although, I do wish I didn't have to use so many vacation days for Dr appts.) He's stressed about work and always catastrophizes things (like my made-up word?). A worst-case scenario guy. I always thought I was a pessimist, but now I realize at the worst, I'm a realist at best an optimist. I just don't see the point in wasting energy worrying. Actually, sometimes I don't worry enough.

1 comment:

Dropstitchknitter said...

Have fun in Vegas! I hope Billy is doing better soon, so you and DH don't worry too much - Have a great time!