my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

anxiety

I have been a ball of anxiety the last couple of weeks and it just keeps getting worse. I know that once I get past tomorrow's trip and I'm in VT with my son and husband and family, I'll be better. But right now, I've got no perspective.

I don't think I've mentioned it, but I have to go to Pittsburgh tomorrow on short notice (they told two weeks ago) to meet with a PITA client. I didn't have a problem with the short notice and all, but the meeting is from 6:30 to 10:30 pm. I'm supposed to be in the car with B and Hubby Friday morning to drive to VT. Hubby says, just stay over and fly to VT from Pittsburgh and B and I will drive alone. Okay, so now I'm not anxious about the PITA client, I'm worried about hubby and B driving alone. Mainly because I'm worried B will be a PITA and hubby will be angry. I'm not worried about hubby making the drive. And then the PITA client needs to see us for a pre-meeting tomorrow at 11 am, so I get to leave my house before B is awake tomorrow and then have hours to kill between meetings (I'm taking the laptop to try to get work done). Did I mention that I have to change planes in Philly and only have 40 minutes between flights?

Then there's other work crap going on (underperforming employees, things I keep letting slip off my radar) and I'm just a wreck.

I know everything will be okay once I get through tomorrow and I'm meeting my sister in the airport in Burlington on Friday.

Strange thing last night, I didn't think I'd be able to fall asleep but as I was lying there I was infused by a sense of calm and well-being. I'm not sure how it got there, but I sure wish it would come back.

Tonight, I'm going to try to just enjoy my evening with B and pack after he goes to bed and try to just relax.

Unless, of course, another shoe drops between now and then.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hmmm, normally I'd suggest drinking, but since you have to work and make that flight connection, etc. . . I think I'd have to suggest knitting. Then have a nice drink once you get to VT. Have a good weekend!

Adrienne Martini said...

If you get this in some reasonable amount of time and are able to respond -- where are you staying in da 'burgh? I might be able to recommend a goo dplace to have a drink or three or a snack or something...

Stephanie said...

I love you and promise to be on time!
:)