my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'd like to take a nap

I've been staying up late reading Stephen King's Duma Key. I pick it up for "a little reading" before bedtime and wind up going to bed later than I should. (Only by about a half our or 45 minutes, but I usually only give myself 6 1/2 hours most nights to begin with.)

I'd really like to just sit down and plow through it, but that's not going to happen this week.

I've mostly finished my first BSJ. It just needs the shoulder seam and end weaving. I do think I'll put an edge around it, though. Maybe just a single crochet. I've cast on for my second BSJ. It's losing out against the book, though. I need to find some really cute buttons. I also need to take some pictures.

I had to rip out and re-knit the toe on the second shamrock sock. I was nearly done the decreases when I realized I had an uneven number on the needles. Seems when I was casting on a 6:30 in the morning at Newark airport, I cast on four too many stitches. I asked Hubby if he thought I should just adjust or reknit the whole sock. He said, adjust. So, one sock's going to be wider than the other. Good for my swollen ankle.

No comments: