my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, April 06, 2007

Not gonna rant

I was going to rant about how I shouldn't be here today, but since I got a total of eight e-mails over night (I usually get at least 30) and two in the hour since I've been here, I'm going to just buckle down and get somethings done. All of our European colleagues have today and Monday off, plus lots of people took today off (including my boss). The disruptions should be minimal, especially since it's probably going to be quiet out in the blogosphere today.

Our office is closing at 3, so I'll be home by 4:30, which is an hour and a half earlier than normal. I'm hoping I can get some dyeing done. Not the super extensive, so crazy you're supposed to be talking me out if it lace dye, but maybe a couple of skeins of sock yarn, but not all the sock yarn.

Since daycare is closed, B is with M-i-L for the day. I left the house at 6:45 when Hubby got out of the shower and B was still sleeping. M-i-L was going to get to the house at 7:15 so she can get B up and all that and Hubby can get to work on time. She'll take him to her place after lunch and is making dinner for us at their place tonight. (M-i-L is going to NC to visit her parents this weekend so we won't all be having Easter dinner on Sunday.)

Tomorrow Hubby and F-i-L are going to the Yankee game (belated F-i-L birthday gift) and B and I are going to an Easter egg hunt at church. (How many orange ones do you think he'll bring home?) Then while B is napping, I'll boil our eggs and we'll dye them when Hubby gets home. Gee, I think I'll have some skeins waiting for the leftovers.

Church on Sunday and F-i-L's coming to our place for Easter dinner (he has fewer vaca days than M-i-L so he's not going with her).

I hope to get more knitting done on the shawl. I barely finished one repeat yesterday. I was moving slowly.

Didja notice my little sister (the recipient of the handknit stockings) stopped by the other day and said she liked the shawl?

No comments: