my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, April 02, 2007

addicted to lace

I'm wishing you a happy April, now that my mood's improved this morning. I was not a happy camper this morning. Billy's caught the cold Hubby and I were sharing and he has the gross propensity of mucus oozing from his eyes. No color to his eyes, mind you, but it was a bit touch and go to determine if they were still white, meaning mommy could come in to work.

This is the first of my planned April/May Project Spectrum projects. A Lace Leaf Shawl in Koigu. Late last year, I bid on and won 8 skeins of KPPPM in this lovely green (with blues and purples). I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, or even if I'd like the colors (the photos on the auction weren't very true), but I couldn't resist the volume at the price. Now, I'm addicted to lace. I wasn't sure about the start, but I'm through the first 40 rows and can't wait to pick it up again. I've been thinking about this and my Icarus for months. I wound the yarn yesterday morning (B was watching All-Star Alphabet for the 8 millionth time). I had to go up to US 7s to get gauge, so it doesn't seem to challenging, yet. I can't wait to start Icarus in laceweight yarn on 3s!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to love the Icarus. Just know that the last five rows take about as long as the first hundred.

Rae said...

I LOVE knitting lace, but oddly enough I don't wear it. I'm not a shawl wearer, but I'm so drawn to knitting them. The Icarus looks gorgeous, and the yarn is beautiful. I like the subtle variation. Looking forward to see your progress.

Amy Lane said...

That's gorgeous...I like the really simple lace knitting I've done so far, but I'm sitting on a couple of more complicated projects (like a maple leaf shawl w/cherry tree hill yarn) that I've wanted to do forever...I envy you your lace:-)