my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, August 16, 2004

I was a little ambitious in thinking I'd get a whole sleeve done this weekend. I did finish the left front of Loll, but not until Saturday morning. I'm a good way into the first sleeve and will put as much time into it as I can to get it done in the next couple of days. I have to start the right front this week or it will never get done. I do have that long train ride coming up on Thursday.

My assistant manager (she assists me in managing) is going with me and she wants to pick my brains on what Arthurian sites I hit in England while studying over there. Goodness, now I have to try and remember! I know we hit Tintagel, an earthen fort, Glastonbury Abbey (supposed burial place), and the grail garden in Glastonbury. I'll have to look through my pictures to try and remember. I wonder if there is a site that recommends Arthurian places to visit. Her son is a huge Arthurian fan.

The weekend got off to a rocky start. We left all of our packing to the last minute. Hubby was downstairs writing checks and I was trying to get us all ready to go (him, me, the baby). I put Billy on our bed to play and went into the bathroom to get our toiletries together. I heard a bang. He'd fallen off the bed and onto the floor. He was a little shaken up, with some minor bruises. Dave was very shaken up. I was, too. But since Daddy was flying off the handle I had to keep my shit together. It got pretty ugly between us. Fortunately, we've all recovered and Mommy will never leave Billy on a high surface again! The rest of the weekend was pretty succesful. Sheryl was great, Charley not so bad, and I played a few table games for a change. I lost money so that wasn't too different. Dave got into the poker tournament at the Sands and did pretty well for his first time out.

All righty, time to get back to work!

No comments: