my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I had a good birthday weekend. I didn’t do too much knitting. Which is very bad of me, I only have 6 days to finish Loll. (Actually, it’s 7. We’re getting together the 31st, not the 30th.) I did get the first sleeve finished and I’m a few inches into the right front. I’m going to try to get at least past the armhole shaping before we go to VT. Then I have the last sleeve, seaming, and the neckband to do. Oh, and buttons to buy and sew on. Yeah, I decided buttons. Fortunately, the buttonholes are being knit along with the right front. I promised my husband it would be done. I don’t think I’ll be getting to bed too early this week. I hope my sisters and parents are willing to Billy sit so I can knit my fingers off in VT.

I’ve also signed up to be a Meathead. I think it is très cool to be a part of an art installation!

Birthday pressies included the new Indigo Girls CD from my dog (yes, that’s what my husband said, that Molly wanted me to have that particular CD). Sheryl Crow’s 2003 tour DVD from my son (again, husband assures me that the baby picked out that particular title). New sneakers from my husband (he used to sell sneakers for a living so he’s very good at picking them out). And from the whole immediate family at Elizabeth Ave I got the Elvis ’68 comeback special on DVD. Seven hours of footage of really hot Elvis. I’ll be taking that to VT to share with my mom. My in-laws spoiled me as well. I got 2 pairs of slacks (brown and olive, thanks M-I-L for helping me break away from my neutral neutrals), two tops (blue and ivory), and a gorgeous blue cabled sweater. I just love the cables on it. I know it is machine knit, but I’ll have to take a picture to show you the wonderful look.

On my day off I treated myself to a movie and the realization that my parents spent a lot of money on my college education and I can’t read a newspaper. I think I may be slightly dyslexic with numbers (or else I am a lazy reader). I thought there was a 1:25 showing of the Village. So I hopped in the VUE and drove to the theater to be there by 1 (not sure how long it would take me). I get there and the next showing of The Village is 2:15! I could have sat around and knitted, but I didn’t want to be in the theater all day. So, I went to a 1:45 showing of Garden State. I highly recommend it. It was very good. I’ve heard some bad things about The Village, but I still want to see it. I’ll rent it.

No comments: