my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, March 17, 2008

knitting and thinking

We've been sick. I took B's temp Wednesday and he was normal; I took mine and it was high (100 in one ear and 101.1 in the other). Like an idiot I thought, I don't feel bad so I'll go to work. An hour later I was at my desk near tears being told that I didn't look good. I went home, went to bed for 5-6 hours and felt fine afterwards. Thursday we all went to work/school. As I was leaving work (in the elevator actually) I got a call from daycare. B had a temp of 101.8 and someone was going to have to pick him. F-i-L did that duty and I stayed home. Plenty of fluids later and we all seem to be okay. B was okay in time to go to our neighbor's daughter's 5th birthday party yesterday. He was totally stoked that it was at her gymnastics school. He's even cleared up in the snot and cough categories. Thankfully, he was sounding a little ragged from Thursday on. Phew, I hope that's the worst of it for this winter.


I am tired. B woke up at 3:30 this morning; he'd been dreaming about the garbage trucks again. I laid in his bed with him (it doesn't work if I take him into our bed, we tried that yesterday morning when he was awake at 6) and dozed off. I woke up just in time to go back to my bed and hit the snooze button. Fortunately, B's bad dreams are about loud garbage trucks and airplanes (we live 15 minutes from Newark Airport and have lots of planes overhead, sometimes way too low). I like these as scary entities; much easier to deal with than monsters.

M-i-L and F-i-L came over for our annual corned beef and cabbage (coleslaw not the boiled kind) dinner. They brought B a gift. She said they just couldn't come empty-handed. I pointed out that she took Tuesday off to stay with B and F-i-L had picked him up on Thursday, the least we could do was give them dinner!




So, I haven't done too much knitting. I did start the sleeves on F-i-L's b-day sweater. Must get knitting, I have less than a week!

No comments: