my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, March 21, 2008

brain dump

Been thinking about alot of things lately.

Like knitting a BSJ for a colleague who's pregnant. I've got lots of Knitpicks shine in green, perfect for next month's Project Spectrum (although, I may through in some yellow and cream).

I've also got shamrock socks to knit for PS next month (hey it's not my fault the colors and holidays aren't lining up). They're shamrock socks just in that I did a kelly green dip dye last year around St. Pat's.

I want to knit B a pullover hoodie with a front pocket with the leftovers from F-i-L's sweater. We'll see if that happens before he goes to high school.
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to finish F-i-L's sweater by Sunday afternoon. I started the sleeve cap shaping last night but didn't finish them.
Last night we went to Maundy Thursday service at our church at 7:30. Since I went to the "gym"after work and showered and it's a 20 min drive, dinner was after the service. We had a nice leisurely dinner and didn't get home until nearly 10:30. I went right to bed.

I also need to re-work the back (rip out an inch) and the front (rip out two inches and re-knit one) before I can start seaming. And it's going to have a very long neck band. I've never not finished a sweater for M-i-L and F-i-L in time for their birthday dinner. I skipped last year for F-i-L, but every other year I had the sweater done on time.

I didn't bring it with me today since we're not sure about our plans this evening. M-i-L's keeping B until tomorrow morning (she volunteered). Since we might go to the Devils game, I didn't want to bring my really big bag to work and if we go to the game, I probably won't knit on the sweater at all today.

I might be up really late tomorrow.

No comments: