my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

it's not easy being (or knitting) green

So, I didn't touch the green aran all weekend. But, I have done a few rows. You can definitely see progress on the second repeat.

Instead, I started these on Saturday. First one was technically cast on Friday night, but the gauge was tighter than I had calculated for, so I ripped and re-started Saturday. I got it finished Saturday night. The second's been lollygagging around since Sunday morning.

Work's been super-stressful and I find I'm not dealing well with things at home. So, although I told my doc last week that I was doing fine off the prozac, I've put myself back on. I wasn't liking the person I was becoming and the kind of mother she was. Feeling like you're going to fly apart at any moment is not a good feeling.

2 comments:

Dropstitchknitter said...

The sweater is looking great and I love the socks - you know what you need better than anyone, so I commend you for taking control and doing what's best for you and your family!

Anny said...

Yeah, what yarngirl said! You know best and there's no sense in sticking with (or without) something if it isn't working the way you need it to. Don't feel bad about it.

And those socks are really flying! Love the colour. I think I'm becoming more and more of an orange person everytime I visit! I'm lovin' it ;0)

Cherrs!