my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Loll went to the frog pond this morning. I'm starting over for a few reasons:
  1. I messed up on the decreases for the waist shaping. There are supposed to be three, I only did two.
  2. My m-i-l is not a fitted kind of gal. I think she'd prefer a straighter fit.
  3. I'm not happy with the way the decreases and a couple of increases look.
  4. She's also not an XL.

I had been making the XL to compensate for the waist shaping. And I kept the waist shaping in because I was worried about yarn usage. I realize if I make the L even with making it straight, I should have plenty of yarn. Of course, not doing the fringe saves yarn, too. Thinking process hasn't been great on this one.

I'm going to start over with the back and do it right! Must make a new photocopy to work from. This time, I'll copy all the pages I need!


No comments: