my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I'm still loving the Calmer and can't wait to get started on the next project. I'm even thinking of getting some pink and making this for a friend of mine who loves tube tops. Looks like a good first cabling project. (Although, my mom's Air has cables in it, cables and lots of seed stitch.)

I'm making good progress on Loll. Although, I will not be able to finish it until I get the back done (have to photocopy the right pages). I missed the part where it says "until 25 rows less have been worked than on the back..." Oops. Oh well, I'll knit to that point, put it on a holder and cast on for the back. I hope to be able to cast on for the back by the weekend.

I've got another car trip coming up. My husband is taking me to Atlantic City to see Sheryl Crow at Trump Taj Mahal on August 14th. It's an early birthday present. I don't know if I'm more excited for the concert, the beach, or the uniterrupted knitting time! There's also the alone time with Hubby, too. It's just going to be great! He's excited for the gambling. He went down with some buddies last weekend and came home up $450.

Billy went to sleep early last night (by 8:30, of course he woke me up at 3:45 this morning) and Molly settled down early after a brief period of brattiness, so I got to work on Loll in front of OverHauling. I've realized I love any show that lets me experience people being creative and a surprise just adds to the fun; even though I'm not a gearhead. I'm just about to put the increases in for the bust shaping.

Well, I've got a vendor meeting any minute now and my boss's boss is in the next two days, so I should get to work.

No comments: