my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

andrea yates not guilty by reason of insanity

It's unfortunate that Andrea Yates's Postpartum Psychosis wasn't taken seriously five years ago when it could have saved her children's lives. It's not just the baby blues, and it's not something to be taken lightly. I'm finally off the meds and don't know how Randy Yates could ever have thought having five kids was a good idea. How living in a bus with a wife with a serious condition and four small children was a good idea. How leaving his seriously ill wife alone with five small children all day everday was a good idea. I wasn't nearly that ill two years ago and Hubby is scared of having another child because it does come back and it can come back worse. And if my father had died as well? I'm glad he doesn't blame his ex-wife and I hope she recovers and finds a way to forgive herself. Nice to see that some part of the Texas legal system believes in justice.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I was really happy to hear that she finally had a small victory. That's a victory for the whole mental health community.