my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, April 14, 2006

V was for Very Good

I almost don't want to know what Hugo Weaving really looks like (okay, just googled him and realized I know what he looks like). When I first saw the building-sized poster for V for Vendetta on my daily walks to the subway, I thought it looked totally stupid and didn't get the mask. But, I thought it was a great film. The movie critic in our local paper gave it a good review and said it would make you think about the nature of terrorism and if it's ever justified, this is something that comes up in a lot of the reviews of the film. I can't see how anyone can compare the situation in this future-history with what goes on in the world today. I think it's apples and oranges. I can't say that I can justify everything that V does in the film, especially his treatment of Evey, but I also can unequivocally say that I didn't see a lot of parallels between his actions and those of today's terrorists (one big difference being that he told everyone he was going to blow up Parliament and gave plenty of warning).

Anyway, I enjoyed it and got sucked into the whole thing hook, line and sinker. But, I'm a sucker for movies.

My evening didn't quite go as planned. I just missed the 4:35 and didn't get home in time for my planned 6 pm showing. But, I had time to look at my Herrschner's order and do the bills. Then it was a leisurely trip over to the theater. Dinner was still movie theater popcorn (with milk duds). Soon as I got home at 9:45, I went to bed.


The Herrschner's box contained the yarn for Hubby's St Andrews' cross sweater, a pad of orange papers (don't ask what I'm going to do with them, I don't scrapbook), and some fabric for an apron for a shower gift for my favorite bride-to-be. (I'm thinking this one with lime green accents.) The regia is from an order I placed on Elann last week. That's the pumpkin ripple in the front.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Just in case you aren't reading the Yarn Harlot comments, the phrase "random act of fiber" is very popular.

Coincedentally (sp?) my blog is "randomfibers" so I sense a moment of karma.