my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, February 27, 2003

I obviously picked the uncool yarn art. Knitting is everywhere and there are tons of chi-chi knitting blogs and journals out there. I could not find a true crochet blog with a quick google search. I guess I could try again with more permutations, but why bother? Since it's not so hip, it's not going to have as wired a community.

I'm even more uncool becuase I don't have a hundred sets of needles spanning from Addis to bamboo and back. And I don't use fancy-shmancy handpainted, virgin lambswool for my creations. Call me cheap, call me kitschy, but I hate drycleaning. (Do any wool adorers know how carcinogenous those chemicals are? Or what they do to ground water?) I refuse to give someone a gift that's care is difficult.

Eh. Feel a bit of class warfare emanating from my poors. I just feel like the bastard step-child whose efforts are always pooh-poohed.

It's not that I have a thing against knitting. I don't. I want to become a better knitter. I just don't see how one is so much better than the other.

No comments: