my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, April 10, 2009

gusset mussed


I turned the heel on weed #2 yesterday at lunch. I figured I'd be able to finish the gusset on the bus ride home last night. But, even though the bus ride was longer than normal (traffic's been ridiculous), I didn't finish the gusset. In fact, I have to rip it out. I didn't pick up the same number of stitches on each side. One side has five fewer stitches than the other. I think I was thrown off by the conversation at lunch.
A couple of the people with whom I was sitting (me knitting, them eating and chatting*) mentioned that it was their 10th reunion this year. I chimed in, oh, it's my fifteenth this year. Then I realized they were talking about high school. I was talking about college. Teensy bit embarrassing.
Finally spoke with an SLP group who will be able to work with Billy at day care. I faxed his eval over last night and am currently awaiting a call back (story of my life lately, waiting for a call back). Hopefully, she'll dial the right number today. I hope she got the fax. One of the two numbers I faxed to never picked up to receive the fax.
B and Hubby are home today (well, B's not home, yet; he spent the night with the in-laws so Hubby and I could go to Maundy Thursday service). Who wants to bet me $10 that when I get home they're in front of the tv. Never fails, I leave B with Hubby and I get home and he's watching tv. Even on Saturdays when I leave them for less than an hour to go workout, I come home and he's been in front of the tv for nearly the whole time.
*My work knitting group used to have 6-7 regular members. Now, it's me and another knitter who has been working from home on Thursdays, so I sit with a non-knitter friend and occasional others. I try not to let it get me down. It's not like the former members left me for another knitting group, they're either at different companies or on different continents.

No comments: