my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm nearly out of Christmas Fabric

The above fact probably makes my regular blog readers happy.

I bought this remnant when I was at Joann last weekend (1/18). Hubby didn't think it was terribly festive (and I'll be sure to use it for his gift next Christmas). I think the snowflake ribbons are a nice touch, don't you?

I sewed these up on Thursday watching CSI and flipping between Private Practice and ER. Pictures were taken Saturday afternoon.

Close-up shot of the lettering. I love fabrics with letters on them.

I have been knitting, Saturday morning watching Pingu with Billy and a bit yesterday afternoon, watching Pingu again. Billy's aran grew a lot this weekend. I actually plan to just work on it tonight watching TV with Hubby.

I do want to get some sewing done this week as well. I have a couple of Birthday gift ideas for Billy (drawstring felt tic-tac-toe game and soccer backpack) and a friend at work is having a birthday and I'd like to whip something up for her. Tomorrow and Weds should be sewing days.

I'm also getting an extra craft day this week. My dryer, which was so recently repaired, has developed a new ill. It gets hot, but it doesn't tumble. Repairman is supposed to come on Wednesday (btn 1 and 5 pm). Please don't let it snow so hard B has a snow day or that the repairman can't come.

In other news, Yaz and working out seem to be working for me, mood-wise. I get grumpy and frustrated and still yell a bit, but no crazy rages. I worked out 2 days the first 2 weeks of January and three days this past week. I've been exhausted since Saturday morning (going to bed by 10 Friday and Saturday and by 9 last night). I think it's something viral, since my sinuses are acting up. But, mood is good most of the time. There are some things about Yaz I don't like, my cycle's not great and it's not on the formulary for our new insurance, but I'll take it.

2 comments:

Adrienne Martini said...

Pingu! We love some Pingu here, too.

Stephanie said...

I think that 24-hour knitting project book will come in handy for co-worker... :)