my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

maybe with pictures

Okay, this is where I was with the sock on Saturday. It was a beautiful day. Too hot to knit when the sun was shining. But, I was very happy to have some knitting between acts.

Here's the sock as of yesterday. Posing with it are the completed, but too small, beaded rib anklets and the beginnings of my Here there be dragons socks. I started those on the train to Philly last week. I'm concerned they're going to be too small so I've not been working on them too much. I know I'm going to love them. The yarn is Regia Fadig 4 I recently got from Herrschner's.

I won't be working on either sock too much. I've finally started the garters for my sister's wedding in just over two weeks. Yeah, I know. But, I'd been very lazy about getting the ball winder and swift into the same room. She did ask how they were going yesterday (I said they were going to be gorgeous, I may have left out that they were still just a skein of yarn). Since I've decided to be very simple and let the Tilli Tomas yarn do all the work (it's disco lights in American Beauty), they should be a quick knit. I love silk!

No comments: