my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, September 28, 2006

it's not a hat

Really, it's supposed to be a little purse. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it did knit up quickly. If I don't like it lined and with the draw string, there is a loverly purse I've been eyeing that I'll buy next week.

For the lining, I'm going to cannibalize a dress I started making two years ago. You may remember it.

I hope I have enough yarn to make a braid or crochet chain for the drawstring. If not, I'll have to go look for some ribbon.

So far, it looks as though I'll be able to fit my necessities (mainly the camera and a lip stick and compact) into the bag.

I've been stashing quite a bit lately. Some denim yarn to make Billy this sweater for his birthday. Some purple wool and white mercerized cotton for maybe this.

I'm looking forward to starting my mom's birthday sweater next week. I'm going to make the go with the flow shell from Fiona Ellis's Inspired Cable Knits. That will be travel knitting. We've got the trip to VT for the wedding and the following weekend we're going down the shore for Hubby's birthday. I imagine I'll get a shell knocked out in no time (let's forget how fine a gauge it is for now).

Oh, I've decided the prize. A sweater's worth of spring green baby alpaca. I love it, but I'll never wear it.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Have fun with the travel knitting. Sometimes, that's almost more fun that the actual trip.