my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

of heels, and lace kicking my butt, and a questionnaire

I kitchenered the heel in the Lincoln tunnel this morning. Yes, they are fraternal. I'm not too bothered by it. I could have ripped and restarted at a different point in the repeat, but I'd rather just finish them.

I was feeling really great about Cece last night. I was 3/4 of the way through the first sleeve when I realized I'd skipped a K row. Granted, in the grand scheme of things, I probably could have just let it go, but I started ripping out the four rows above it. Three steps forward, four steps back. Thanks for the compliments on her. I can't wait to get her blocked and start wearing her. She'll be supplanting the sock for commuter knitting on Thursday because we're having a stitch lunch.

And for my KSKS buddy:

  • What are your favorite colors? reds, oranges, purples
  • Are you a new sock knitter? kind of new How long have you been knitting socks? just over a year
  • Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? multicolored
  • What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? wool and wool blends
  • Where do you usually knit socks? during my commute (on the bus, the subway)
  • How do you usually carry/store small projects? in a ziploc bag in my larger work tote
  • What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? don't really have one
  • What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? haven't tried too many techniques
  • What new techniques would you like to try? short row heels and toes, toe-up
  • Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? dpns, but I'm willing to try two on two circs (and I'm not fussy about circs)
  • What are some of your favorite yarns? Koigu, regia sock yarns
  • What yarn do you totally covet? Lorna's laces
  • Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I can't think of a sock pattern in that category
  • Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I use pretty much anything that will get the job done
  • If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? a KPPPM that looks better in a sock than in a skein
  • Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? white chocolate anything
  • What’s your favorite animal? my bulldog
  • Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? I have a bully named Molly, she's 4
  • If you were a color what color would you be? today, I feel like fire-engine red
  • Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. I've had a few favorite shirts. The one I miss most was a pink on pink pinstripe button up
  • What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
  • Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "Take a drink with anyone and pick your pals where you find them" It's all about not pre-judging people and I found it an Albert Campion mystery by Marjorie Allingham
  • Do you have a wishlist? nope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your answers!! Now I'm off to shop & scheme!! ;)

-your sock kit pal