my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, May 29, 2008

the last one

I swear, this is the last BSJ I'm going to knit. It's the stockinette version. I'm about six rows to go. Unfortunately, I ran out of yellow, so this is going to have green garter edging (I'll add some to the sleeves and neckline to counteract roll and balance the look). I'm so over this pattern now. I guess knitting 5 of anything will do that. (It's more than 5 since the light green one was more than half done when I found another ball of green which meant it didn't have to be green and cream.) A seaming party is needed to get these all finished up.

Then what do I knit? I've pretty much decided on Ariann for M-i-L's birthday, but I haven't gotten around to digging out the yarn and swatching. I am planning to cast on a pair of socks as soon as I get my yarn from Ruth. I'm hoping it comes by Saturday. That way I'll have portable knitting for a work trip Sunday/Monday.

Yeah, I'm taking another short work trip. This one's for an hour-long presentation. Normally, my boss goes to these things, but he's going to be at a different meeting. I'm a little bummed because I'm going to Toronto, the city of our Harlot, but won't even be leaving the airport (meeting and sleeping at an airport hotel).

Tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow since LOST's season finale is tonight), I'm going to sew up a sleeve for my laptop using the leftover Michael Miller laminated cotton from my lunch bag. It's too much of a pain to have a laptop bag along with a purse and an overnight bag. This way, I can put the laptop in the overnight bag. (I can also use it with a tote for carrying to and from the office.)

We had a good Memorial Day weekend. Saturday B and I went to the park in the morning and that night we had dinner with the in-laws and M-i-L's mom and dad who are visiting. Sunday, we went to church and then to a BBQ at M-i-L's cousin's house. B had tons of fun there playing with little cousins (including going into the wading pool with his shoes on). Monday, we went to the town parade and then to the pool and then dinner at M-i-L and F-i-L's. Whew we were busy. Didn't help that I overindulged in sun and champagne at the BBQ and went to bed right after B.

The great-grands head out to OH tomorrow, so we're all going out to dinner tonight. B's going to be sad to see them go. He's really attached to his great-grandpa.

No comments: