my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, May 02, 2008

apple green and manos

Here's BSJ #3, all in apple green, hanging out with the swatch for my Manos vest. The lace is simply cell stitch from the stitch a day calendar. I've cast off stitches for the scoop neckline, but I'm not sure I like and I put it down during LOST last night.
I really wanted to do drop garter stitch (where you wrap 2-3 times on one row), but I couldn't get it to work in the swatch. Each time I did it, the rows got narrower on the left-hand side.
I had to rip it all out Wednesday night and start over. When one knits a gauge swatch, one should really measure the gauge before determining how many stitches to cast on. I took it off the needles and found I had over 50 stitches more than I needed!

No comments: