my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, August 18, 2006

just another title-less blog post

See sleeve cap 1. It should be bigger, but I couldn't get a knittable seat on the bus this morning (smooshed in the last row between two other people, #48 of 49). My next knitting goal is to finish this on the ride home today (and at the salon while I wait to get my facial hair waxed off). After that I want to zoom through sleeve 2. If I'm going to re-knit the front, and I want to, I need to start it this weekend. All pieces need to be washed and blocked next Thursday night. Seaming and the crochet trim are going to take at least two days.

See wonderful package from KSKS pal extraordinnaire, Leah. Candy is not shown (although it's still uneaten) because we have to hide it from the B.

I've had a great day today. I've got a bit of anxiety about stuff that will remain undone while I am on my mini-vaca, but no one's going to die because of it.

A good friend of mine, she worked here with me for over 5 years, came in to visit. I haven't seen her in nearly a year. She left 18 months ago to buy a house and start a job closer to her family before she had her baby. She brought her son with her. Such a cutie pie. I have a meeting in about 20 minutes that won't be fun. Then I'm going home. See you all sometime next week.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Sorry you didn't get more knitting time. I hope you make your next goal!!

Glad you like the kit. I can't wait to see how you like the yarntini yarn! :)w