my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

two sleeves on two circs

Having used two circs before (for Dad's bucket hat, I think), I figured I'd have no problems casting on. How the H-E-double-hockey-sticks are you supposed to keep two needles and two balls of yarn from tangling while knitting in the round? I barely got cast on and a round knit last night going home before I felt all was hopeless. I didn't pick it up again until this morning on the bus in. It took me a while, but I got it going. I started to fall into a nice little rhythm as we pulled into Port Authority. I'm looking forward to making some real progress tonight.

I knit (twice) the neckband last night. No pics because it looks silly and I want to confirm that this one is more comfortable than the first (deemed too tight and too scratchy).

How is it that my 2-year-old had homework last night? Well, I had homework. He got to have a sleepover with the class's mascot. I had to write in the mascot's book about what they did. Since nothing too exciting happened and Billy didn't feel like coloring in the book, I did a photo collage.

I'm not sure how I'm handling the weaning off my anti-depressants. Billy's got a head cold and is teething. I'm PMSing and stressed about work. Last night I thought I was going to vomit from the anxiety I was feeling.

No comments: