my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, February 16, 2006

progress, but not enough

I've made much progress and am a whole ball past where I had to re-start, but I feel I'm just not knitting fast enough. I really want to separate for the sleeves today. I think I've got less than 3" to go. That way I can finish up the body tomorrow and this weekend (which will go much quicker when I'm not increasing 8 stitches every other row), including the neckline. Then next week it's sleeves. I'm going to knit them separately from the body for ease of carrying. I think I'll try two sleeves on two circs. Then I'll graft and be done. Seems feasible now, but don't check out the ticker over at anny purls. Her husband's little project had me in panic mode yesterday.

For Jeanie and Kristi, the yarn is Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed I picked up at Stitches East. Nicely discounted because the color is discontinued.

I'm also making progress here at work. It helps that I'm spending less time on the 'net. Speaking of which, got to go!

No comments: