my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Home Stretch

After much knitting Sunday night and yesterday, I finished the body of my olympic effort. Whew. I didn't think I was going to make it. I had hoped to get the neckline done yesterday, too, but I had to knit a couple more inches than I thought (glad I re-checked the length by measuring Hubby). I should be able to get the neckline done tonight and then it's just sleeves and nothing but sleeves until they're done. I'll be starting the two sleeves this afternoon after I do the math (and double-check and triple-check). I'm interested to see how the grafting goes when I have them finished. I'm hoping I'll be able to get them done by Saturday, so Sunday will be grafting and tidying up the ends. I'm liking the sweatshirt-like styling we've got going on. I decided to kfb for the increases to keep it easier on me (not having to remember if it was a M1L or M1R, etc). Since this is a sweater for Hubby to wear while spectating at hockey games, the look is perfect.

No comments: