my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Let me just say that I love cable cast-on. It's so much easier than the long tail cast-on I was using. Of course, it's not good for every project but The Knitter's Companion says it's good for afghans, so it fills my bill today. And the circs fell much more natural than straight needles. I must say I'm pleased with my progress. I've gotten 4 plus rows done and have even managed changing colors for the first time. I should have a whole stripe done this evening. Woo hoo.

I still have to decide which is more comfortable English or continental. English feels more natural. I wish I could remember what my grandmother did. I really wish I had taken advantage of her knowledge when she was still around. She was a fantastic knitter, crocheter, sewer, all around crafter. It would have been nice if we could have shared this more. She taught me to knit once when I was a really little girl. I made tons of blankets for my Barbies.

No comments: