my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, March 10, 2003

The blue hex is nearly done! I finished round 60 Saturday night and started on the edging right away. The edging's became a bit of a road block. The reverse double crochet wasn't turning out like it did the last time I used it. Well, I should say, the last time I thought I used it. Referring to one of my crochet books, I was doing the stitch correctly on Saturday, but it wasn't what I wanted. So, I fiddled some more then and again yesterday and decided to do a reverse slip stitch in the back loop. It adds no height and not much bulk to the edge, but it does give it a more finished look. A seed-stitch almost (of course a seed stitch probably looks completely different). I'm about half done the edging.

Needless to say, I really need to learn to do more types of edging. Actually, there's a ton more I need to learn. The stitch book I ordered last week will be shipping Wednesday. There should be lots of cool stuff to learn in that!

My scarf is moving along; I'm at about row 94. I'll have it just in time for the weather to warm up for Spring!

No comments: