my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

super-secret update

Remind me to not do this super-secret knitting thing again. I know only one recipient reads this blog, and she seems to think she wants to know RIGHT NOW what her gift is, but I want them all to be a secret. It's a real PITA, though, to not share my progress. I think I'm about 30% through the biggest one. I need to get everything set-up to take the whole shebang with us to SC next week. I'm looking forward to the time away from work, but not so much the 10+ hours in the car each way. The family I married into talks way more than the one I grew up in. I think my mom, dad, sisters (at least one of them) and I could happily go 10 hours without saying more than 10 words. Not my beloved in-laws. Someone's got to be talking pretty much the whole time.

(I just started thinking about what some of the conversations are going to be like in SC. Hubby's grandmother is a big FOX news watcher. Change the subject, please.)

I'm definitely going to wash fabric tonight so I can start sewing up that jacket for Billy. I might need a different zipper, so I'm toying with the idea of picking up some batting and making it heavier. I should poke through my stash to see if there's anything else to wash, maybe to make something for me.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

If you'd like I could lie and say that I won't read your blog anymore.
:)
I don't really want to know. I just like to tease forever.
:)