my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, November 14, 2008

monkey tote

Nanette graciously agreed to model (I stuffed it full of yarn for Christmas projects to give it that full look).

I wound up sewing on Wednesday. Tuesday, I washed the fabric. I was concerned that the red might rub off on my clothes or jacket. Of course, I wound up with this.
Does this normally happen? The fabric lost a little sheen, but I'm pretty happy with the tote. Well, except for the crap straps I bought. One of the rings keeps pulling open and the strap slips off. PITA.

Funny story. I used the tote Thursday to come to work. On the way in, I stopped at a bank in Port Authority to get some cash. Then at lunch, I showed the bag to my knitting group. One of the girls asked if I take the bus. I said yes. Then she asked if I was at the bank this morning. She'd noticed the monkey tote walking by!

No comments: