my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm thinking of being a bad girl at lunch today. I've got a gift certificate to Purl that's been burning a hole in my pocket since October (it was a belated birthday gift). I'm thinking I'll buy some Manos to make a vest (kind of like this one of Ruth's, but I'm thinking garter stitch with those super wrappy rows, like CAP's orange scarf). Just a thought. Also, since I'd be out, I'd have an excuse to buy something for lunch and not eat the frozen lunch I have no interest in. Yes, I know it's much healthier and more frugal to eat the frozen lunch. I don't care. I'm a bad girl.

In other news, seaming avoidance has caught the Husband's attention. I was crocheting away on my little bag when he asked "shouldn't you be seaming my sweater." And I said "No, I've got plenty of time." They he asked if I would be able to get it done in time for next Sunday (1/20) when he's going to be Lay Leader at church. I said, sure. Really, if I put my mind to it, I could probably have it done for this Sunday, but he's just going to be sitting in a pew while I'm in my puke gold choir robe, so he wouldn't really be able to show it off anyway. I've been wanting to double-check a couple of things before I start. No since having bad seaming ruing the sweater.


Here's where I am with the bag. One panel and the strap done. Panel two started. I'm still not 100% sure about construction. I don't know if I want to put pieces between the panels or just go with a tote-style shape. I should have plenty of yarn if I want to do side and bottom panels. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You know, I once knit an entire sweater (with sleeves), it sat around my office unseamed for about a year, and then I threw it away.

I understand perfectly, the idea of seam avoidance.

Hope you're having a lovely lunch and shop. Mmmm, Purl. Lucky girl.