my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

bad new years suggestion

I've been passing this magazine on news stands since I've been back to work, and I'm not sure who the woman is on the left, but I've got to wonder why in hell we're supposed to be idolizing her pre-pubescent body. I really don't want to snark too much on someone's physical appearance, but she's completely flat. Did they photoshop out her bosom so that the W would fit? Believe me, I get wanting to be skinny. I've come to accept the fact that I'll never be thin again and I'm not going to say that women shouldn't be thin and people shouldn't try to be healthier, fitter, and leaner, but should we be promoting a physical form that denies puberty? Will we be celebrating her breast augmentation in two weeks?

Okay, done with that. It's been bothering me for a week. I had to get it out.

In other news, I've gotten serious striping at this gauge in plain stockinette. I'm going to try something else. I've got Sensational Knitted Socks and Knitting Vintage Socks with me. I will find a pattern that works at this gauge in my foot size!

In other, other knitting news. Hubby's St Andrew's sweater has a neckline. Seaming to commence. (I've decided to not block the sweater in pieces. I'm not sure it would do much for me in 100% cotton.)

Finally, I'm a complete and utter idiot. I entreat you, if you have the slightest inkling you might be leaving your house without your keys, check before you get on the train and can't retrieve them! I had to wait a half-hour between connections this morning for Hubby to catch up with me so I could borrow his keys for B pick-up this evening. I swear, I'm a tool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check this out: http://www.lifetimetelevision.com/

Look at "How to Look Good Naked."

I was surprised, and I bring a healthy dose of skepticism and criticism to these kinds of shows. It actually changed how I think about myself. May do wonders for you!