my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, November 16, 2009

a little Christmas

I've had this wreath in my head for quite some time. I've been thinking about a Christmas version since I first saw it. I bought a wreath form a few months ago and have been hoarding Christmas-y ribbons. As we get closer and closer to the season, it's been harder and harder to get the wreath out of my head.

I decided to have a go Sunday.

I got my supplies together. I thought I had more ribbon, but B was yelling at me for being in front of the tv so I just grabbed these four.

Aren't they pretty?


I cut out my strips per the tutorial, deciding to hold off on the white one.


Wait a minute! That's all that those strips covered? I think I have a problem. Poor B was inter- rupted again as I rummaged some more.


Found a few more ribbons. (The red gingham with the stitching was a really long roll.)



After much fiddling, untying, re-tying, re-arranging and adding the white with metallic snowflakes, I have this. I need some more ribbon to fill in a few spots, but I can't wait to see how this looks against our black front door!

No comments: