my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

the birthday sewing/crafting

I think Billy had a good birthday. He got lots of gifts (mostly of the transformer/power ranger variety) and we had a surprise visitor. Our friend Ted joined us at the last minute. I think B did like his mommy-made gifts, but they're nto as cool as the jets that become robots.

First, a new bag for his soccer gear. Easy drawstring bag. (The red is bias binding instead of doing a turned edge on the drawstring channel.)

Next is the tic tac toe game. I wish I could remember where I saw this type of game. Anyway, it was fun to make, but I'd do a few things differently.


All bundled for easy travel.
The bottom of the bundle.
The bottom with my horrible applique.
The game board itself. The Xs and Os are wood pieces I picked up at Joann and painted myself. They came five in a pack. We've already played twice. I'm ashamed to admit it, but he did beat me once.

No comments: