my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, December 08, 2008

a toe and a tree


If I hadn't screwed up the toe decreases, I could have spent yesterday finishing this sock instead of re-knitting the toe. Oh well. I'm sure I'll have this sock done and sock 2 started tonight.
I did start Billy's teacher's gift last night. Zipper install was lovely. The rest is awful. I'm going to rip out the seams and try again. I do not know how people manage to sew on really skinny binding tape.
We got the house decorated (well, at least the inside; we haven't had outside decorations since our giant inflatable snowman got a hole; oh, I did put up a wreath on the front door). Took the whole day Saturday. We started moving toys around after breakfast and I put up the last of the lights while Billy napped. Then we went out to dinner. I've told Billy, and I will keep telling him, that one day while we're on Christmas vacation, we're going through his toys and getting rid of some. My living room looks like a toy store exploded.
We do have about six feet of magazines to recycle. I'll take a pic when I've got them all tied up for the curb tomorrow.

No comments: