my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, May 01, 2003

Oooh, my Joann.com package came last night. I had to, had to, had to open in up right away. Even before I let the dog out. The painted desert is beautiful. I couldn't wait to start working with it. During the Devils game, while the dog chewed her bone, I swatched a couple of stitches from my 101 Crochet Stitches for Afghans book with an I hook. I didn't like the way a waffle pattern looked (3 fpdc, 3 bpdc), but found a cluster that looks absolutely fabulous. So, I measured my little swatch and calculated that I needed a 210 stitch foundation chain for an approximately 60" blanket. Gee, I must love my parents. I've started on the first row and have a long way to go. The Blue Hex was about this size, but since it was worked in the round the size was deceptive. This blanket is always going to seem like a huge project! I hope I bought enough yarn. Needless to say, I've got both projects with me today.

I also held KG's pillow against the 14" form that I had ordered and it will be fine.

No comments: