my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, May 09, 2003

Not a lot of progress on the pillow yesterday. I had a hard time starting the intarsia. I did get a couple of rows done, but it's not a good train project. I might be leaving it at home for evening work. Now watch, the dog won't let me work in the evenings. I'm also thinking of bringing it in on Monday and leaving it here all week for lunch hour work only. I'll see how much I get done over the weekend.

I brought the painted desert blanket with me today. It is a good train project. I got a few clusters done before the PATH got really crowded this morning. I haven't worked on it since Monday, so I'm really looking forward to lunch today.

Got my Needlemaster kit finally. I can't wait to start using it. I was looking at the needles I inherited from my grandmother and there aren't a lot of the intermediate sizes. I really think that there have to be others at the house still. I can't imagine that a knitter as accomplished as she was would have so few tools! I feel guilty sitting here and thinking about looking through her things to take needles and yarn, but no one else in the family would use them. I also feel closer to here when I use her needles and the balls of yarn she wrapped. Hers look so much nicer than the ones I do!

I joined the Crafter's choice book club. There was a flier in my Herrschner's package. I ordered Vogue Knitting, Vogue Knitting Quick Knits, and The Complete Guide to Sewing (or similar title) for a dollar each plus shipping. I also got The Knitters Stitch Bible (or something similar) for half price plus shipping. I know they'll kill me on shipping. My husband doesn't understand. I was also scaring him mentioning the Berroco pattern books I want. I promised I wouldn't order them until I checked local knitting shops first. I also promised I wouldn't get patterns or yarn until I'm ready to start a new project. Gee, I hope I get that pillow finished soon!

No comments: