my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, October 19, 2009

socktoberfest

That thing I was coming down with last Tuesday was a cold. I stayed home Wednesday and haven't been doing much since.

I've been quietly participating with socktoberfest this year. I finished those Wicked socks and cast on for blackrose. Sock one was completed in less than a week (although, I need to re-work the toe). With my cold last week, I didn't make much progress on sock two until this weekend. I'm half-way through the leg.
My goal is get them finished this week and cast on a pair from Cookie A's Sock Innovations. The pattern I'm going to use is the reason I bought the book.

Next month, which will be here before we know it, I need to cast on for Christmas presents and my dad's birthday sweater.

I've also started knitting up a few things to try to sell on etsy. I'm not planning on making profit or much of a sideline of it, but I figure it's one way to clear out stash.

No comments: