my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, December 20, 2007

last picture of these, I promise

Here are my happy little picot socks being worn. I think this might be my go-to sock pattern for some time to come. They fit great and are super cute (if I do say so myself). I think next pair, I'll do an in-place afterthought heel. It will be a lot easier than doing the three loop gusset and I don't know enough about short row heels to make one that looks right.

So the details: Trekking XXL #144 on Addi US 1s with magic loop. I cast on 72 stitches, did a five-row picot hem and knit to what seemed the right lengths. Can't wait to see how they hold up in the wash.

Dad's birthday sweater's been drying for 3 days. I still need a zipper, but may stop at Joann's by them tomorrow and install in VT. (Not much else to do sitting around Meme's house after B goes to bed.) I plan to bring Hubby's sweater for knitting in the truck, oh and a little pair of socks.
I switched to the Addis earlier this week after finishing the Happy picots. The Bates US1 I was using was killing my hands. I hope these block out way wider, or I'm not going to be able to wear them. I am so happy with the way the colors are working out this time, though, so I'm going to finish them even if I can't wear them.

No comments: