my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Meme

I've got to post something this week, right? Here's a Christmas Meme I got over at Dr. Girlfriend Knits.

Christmas Meme
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Cheap wrapping paper with occasional bags. I'm entertaining the crazy thought of buying lots of on-sale Christmas fabric after the holiday and sewing up an assortment of re-useable bags
2. Real or artificial tree? Fake with the lights already on it!
3. When do you put up the tree? Back before we travelled for Thanksgiving, we'd do it that Saturday, but now it's earliest Saturday in December that we get in gear.
4. When do you take it down? First Saturday after Twelfth Night.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love eggnog. I never get to have it though. I can't justify buying it just for me, it's too fatty.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The year I got my own stereo was cool.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep, small one on the mantle near the stockings. I laughed at myself for putting the Christ back in Christmas. Seriously, though. I don't know why a protestant family has a life-like nativity.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Hubby. I don't know why. I do have a plan this year.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Billy. He's not quite 4. He and the dog would be happy with empty boxes wrapped in shiny paper.
10. Worst Christmas present you ever got? Really cheap pantyhose from my mom's parents. I'm not kidding! They threw in an awful, cheap pink plastic necklace and earrings.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? None this year. I've fallen out of the habit.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Used to be Black Friday. We did buy a few gifts this year, but I have yet to start the bulk of it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but I can't remember for sure.
15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Anything with chocolate.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We have white, but I'd rather have colored. Hubby and I debate what makes a display Coney Island. For him colors and blinking, for me you can't get gaudy enough.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home since the B came along. We do breakfasts and gifts at home and then mosey up to the in-laws for gifts and dinner.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Yep, thanks to the intro to Rudolph... Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comit, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph!
20. Angel or star on top of tree? An angel. My mother's mother made a ton of beaded ornaments and everyone's got a clear angel about 5" tall. She sits on our tree top.
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? We'll be opening with my parents the Saturday before, but nothing at home will be opened before morning. Heck, I'll be wrapping that night after B goes to bed.
22. Most annoying thing this time of year? Got to go with Kim on the commercials. No one buys cars for Christmas, do they? And the jewelry ones. I like the jewelry hubby gives me, but other gifts would be just as great.
23. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color? Not really. We've got a mish-mash of stuff.
24. What do you leave for Santa? We've never done it before, but since B is older this year and gets Santa, we'll leave cookies.

No comments: