my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

12 in 12

So, my ambitious idea for this year is one that's been done before. Knit 12 sweaters in 12 months. I've never done it before. I usually get 4 or 5 done each year. Mostly I knit the 4 sweaters for our parents, maybe one other and then lots of socks and things.

Last month while working on my Christmas gifts, I thought how great it would be if I did more than just little gifts for my family. Our parents all have multiple sweaters I've knit them. But, I've only ever made 1 sweater for one sister and nothing more than socks or hats for my brothers-in-law.

So, I decided I should knit them all sweaters. With the parent sweaters that's 11 (plus 1 for me). I've got a semblance of a plan and hope to get at least half of my Christmas gifts made throughout the year (parents will still get their sweaters for birthdays). I haven't set any rules, really. The only rule is that all 12 have to be done this year. I hope to use a lot of stash yarn (which I did last year with the parent sweaters and most of my Christmas gifts). I hope to do some sweaters that are a little challenging, but I'm looking at consisten effort here to get me through the year.

First up, is Billy. He asked me to knit him a Trickster sweater. He went as a Trickster* for Halloween and now wants a sweater.

I didn't have anything in stash so I ordered some worsted comfort from KnitPicks in red and yellow and cast on yesterday.

I hope to have it done to give to him on his birthday next month.

So, I'm being ambitious this year. Posting might be interesting if anyone actually reads this blog (especially anyone I'm related to).

*in case you haven't watched all the episodes of Destroy Build Destroy on Cartoon Network like Billy, a trickster is one of the teams that competed and they wore shirts like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy - very ambitious but I'm sure you can do it :)

JT said...

I often wonder if anybody reads my blog too.