I finished my red corduroy skirt started in January. I need to wash it (I didn't pre-wash the fabric) and since the elastic turned pink as I was running it through the waistband, I think bleeding's going to be a problem. I'll try to get some pics to post later this week since I'm not posting about the thing I showed yesterday that I had to rip out and re-start due to inability to follow the pattern.
I'm obsessing about my next sewing project today, so I'll talk about that.
I've got about 5 yards of this fabric (Michael Miller's Word Search in cream and black) and I desperately want to make a nice flowy skirt out of it.
I think I'm going to make a six-gore skirt following this tutorial (not sure if I'll do a zip or an elastic waistband).
I know I should do a version in a fabric I don't love as much as I love this one (so much I'm planning accessories like a sun hat). That way I can be sure that the fit is right and that the style flatters, but I'm impatient and I've got the bug bad.