my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, May 11, 2009

This is my mother's day gift. Hubby took B out shopping Saturday morning and this is what he picked. It's not something I would have picked out for myself, but I love it.


This was an impulse purchase. It's Imagination sock yarn by KnitPicks in the Wicked Witch color way. I was going to come up with a sock design from the 365 knitting stitches calendar like I did for Widow's Weeds, but last week I just couldn't wrap my mind around math. So, I started a pair of simple picot socks. But the yarn rebelled. It wanted to be something else.
It really wanted to be a flying monkey (which scared me nearly as much as the munchkins when I was a kid). So, Saturday, I printed out Monkey from knitty.com and cast on. I'm into the fourth repeat. So far so good.

No comments: