my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Long time no blog.

It's been an eventful four months chez moi.

I got a huge promotion and am expecting my first child. (Hence the cryptic comments about the kolibri tank not fitting.)

That baby blanket I was supposed to start didn't get started in earnest until mid-July and has become my baby's first blanket. I just finished the border last night and only need to weave in a few ends.

I also started a baby sweater on Tuesday. I'm past the arm holes and cruising. I hope to have it finished by next week. Both the sweater and blanket are in baby white Fiesta. I bought a ton when I found out I was pregnant. I love the colors and the look of the yarn, but I'd forgotten how hard it is to work with. The stuff splits like you wouldn't believe!

Next on tap are a hat and booties. Then it's off to a kids knitting book I bought and another sweater!

I'm getting back into creating. The first few months of my pregnancy I barely had energy to get home much less crochet or knit. Now, the baby's going to be here in less than four months, my fingers have to fly!

No comments: