my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday Sewing

I've wanted to make this bag for over a year. I ordered the laminated cotton last January!

I saw woman on the train platform with a zebra tote and decided I wanted one. But mine needed to have red straps. I went with the laminated cotton for some weather Protection.

I went back and forth on the lining, but finally cut into my Michael Miller word search yardage. I'm very happy with it, except it's kind of floppy. Next time I'll interface or add an inner layer of some flannel.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! My daughter is a huge fan of zebra (with purple, not red) so we have amassed quite a collection of zebra prints. Some of the zebra out there is not great, but you used a really nice zebra print and the lining fabric is just perfect. Dare I ask, what's black and white and red all over?

Susan

Netter said...

Thanks Susan! And I LOL'd.