my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, February 27, 2006

the aftermath

Fortunately, I don't have the whole of the Amercian press excoriating me for not being able to medal in my first Olympics. But, I'm still a bit disappointed. However, one cannot predetermine when one will get one's butt totally kicked by bacteria, so chin-up.

I'm still enjoying working on the sweater, and Hubby is going to have a gorgeous pullover by the end of the week. The goal is to get the knitting finished today and tomorrow and have the grafting done by Wednesday (how I was supposed to get all that done Saturday and Sunday I don't know). Then it's a bath and a debut.

You know what sucks, I’m stuck here at work unable to connect to any of our systems, not even e-mail, so I can’t do any work, but I can’t pick up those sleeves and get them finished. I have to just sit here and twiddle my thumbs.

At least I can get on the Internet. For a while this morning, I couldn't do that.

Whine whine whine.

At least I’m feeling better. I was feeling so much better last night my regular insomnia was back. I knew I was really sick when I could sleep at the drop of a hat (not to mention having to wince every time I swallowed which was a problem with a serious post-nasal drip).

Thanks for your well wishes, Kim and Susan. Please go congratulate Kim on completing her Olympic event.

No comments: