my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Sizzlin' copper

I’m sick. I’ve got that “in love,” butterflies in my tummy, I can hardly breathe feeling thinking about going home and looking at the two bags of ASC that arrived on my doorstep last night. Hello, it’s cotton and microfiber, not chocolate! I haven’t even swatched with ASC yet. For all I know I’ll hate it. But, it takes my mind off work and how unfocused I still am.

Doc promises I’ll snap out of it once my tissue levels go up. Doesn’t that sound like something we all want to have happen. I wonder if the dose became ineffective because I’ve porked up since diagnosis. Either that or I just don’t like my job anymore.

I just want to cry when I think about how unfocused, uninterested, and lazy I’ve become at work and home. (Besides knitting, my favorite pastime is beating up on myself.) I’ve got to do some tidying tonight. My in-laws and Dave’s uncle and aunt are visiting for dinner tomorrow (takeout). Since Uncle Bob and Aunt Lindy haven’t seen the house yet, I may want it to be presentable! Hope I can find the energy and interest!

No comments: