my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, April 28, 2006

pumpkin ripple

So, the broadripples have become the commute knitting of choice.

I put them in my bag Wednesday morning and the looked like this. Then I ripped out a few rows because I'd messed up the pattern. I kept chugging along and was at the start of the heel flap by the time I got home Wednesday night (I'm patting myself on the back for liking shorter socks, 4" legs are quick knits). I turned the heel last night and I've gotten most of the way through the gussets. (I didn't nap on the way in this morning.)

We're knitting in Father Fagan Park this afternoon (so long as it's warm enough), so I should be able to get from here (posing with it's completed, fraternal twin) to finished by the end of April.

The beach jacket is progressing. One sleeve finished the other one ripped and re-begun. I'm thinking I should be able to get most of that done this weekend as well. Except the zipper. I don't have a long enough zipper in the house and don't know when I'll be able to pick one up.

I'm looking forward to starting my May project. My sister's excited to get her first try on of the completed Lolita leg. Hopefully, I can get the second one knitted up next month.

I'm also very excited to get my swap match next week. I've ordered yarn from Knitpicks which should be coming soon. They said it mailed on Tuesday. I ordered three skeins of dye your own. One for me (going to try a red gradient thing) and one for the swap, and one in case I mess up the first swap skein!

No comments: